Strategic Account Manager (DACH)
The sales activity for our main product Qt and associated Consulting Services is growing fast in our major regions and The Qt Company has a solid customer base, containing a large number of internationally well branded companies. Our customers use our tools for highly valued developments of applications in different areas such as EDA, Medical, Consulting, Telecommunications, Automotive, among others. The EMEA market is among the most important regions for Qt and provides an excellent opportunity for a skilled and experienced sales professional to take responsibility for developing the Qt business in markets with strong potential. The Strategic Account Manager is responsible for selling our Qt Portfolio including Professional Services (Consulting and Support) to named strategic accounts (global players) in the EMEA region.
In this role, you will work closely with all functions like Global Account Management, Service Delivery, Product Management, Customer Success and Marketing to execute strategic plans to achieve or exceed business targets with the assigned clients.
· Build relationships with C-Level leaders and managers
· Manage and control the sales cycle from prospecting through to close
· Set and execute aggressive customer acquisition strategies for the assigned accounts
· Develop and maintain strategic long-term trusting relationships with the assigned accounts to accomplish organic growth and long-term company objectives
· Plan and manage at both the strategic, operational and tactical customer-facing levels
· Align with business development managers, industry leads, customer success organization, and the strategic sales leadership team to present a single front to help represent a single vision for our customers
· Interface with the product management and marketing organizations to help guide vertical product and professional service direction and production of sales plays
· Good technical background, minimum of BS in a technical or business field preferred and significant sales track record
· 3+ years of experience selling development tools, embedded technology or similar
· Familiarity with Software Development tools and Software Development Life Cycle is a plus
· Experience developing business opportunities within the EMEA enterprise communities
· Progressive, enterprise sales experience with complex solutions, passionate about software licensing, overachiever
· Proven track record of successful personal sales pipeline management and strong prospecting habits
· Experienced in vertical market solution sales
· Proven experience gaining access to decision makers and establishing strategic relationships and successes for long term partnerships
· Business development experience in a strategic enterprise sales environment within a highly matrixed, global organization
· Interfaces directly with customer decision-makers to shape market opportunities
· Proven track record of building satisfied, loyal and referenceable customers
· Knowledge in value-based selling, solution selling and creating long term business relationships in the software licensing industry
· Target driven and results focused personality with a goal to deliver overachievement against clear objectives and business development targets
· Consultative 'questioning' and Active Listening approach, reversing and pain funnel mastery
· Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and collaboration skills along with strong planning ability
· Able to work independently in an environment that changes rapidly
· Fluent in German and English
· Autonomous and organized with effective communication skills, listening, verbal and written.
· Must take initiative and be a proactive member in the sales team.
· Team player with interpersonal skills to work with sales and technical staff in a dynamic and innovative company environment.
· Pro-active customer focus
· Very good business understanding.
The role is based in Germany, and is anchored in the EMEA’s strategic account team.